Please submit a form on the Contact Us page to inquire about this position.
We seek individuals with backgrounds in tax, accounting, law, economics, science, technology/information systems, math and engineering.
An academic skill necessary to succeed in Camuso CPA is the ability to understand the underlying policy or theory behind tax rules, rather than focusing on memorization of code sections, limitation amounts, and various other thresholds.
Given the nature of tax work, we look for people with the highest level of integrity. We’re looking for well-rounded, goal-oriented individuals so strong interpersonal and writing skills are essential.
Since you’ll work on multiple engagement teams, you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple commitments including personal ones. Consultants at Camuso CPA conduct day-to-day management of accounts by delivering all tax consulting services to the client and bringing in specialists when necessary.
Primary responsibilities include tax return preparation, cryptocurrency portfolio analysis, real estate portfolio analysis,overseeing of complex tax research projects for clients; participation in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates and research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues.
We work with a variety of clients that are mainly investors in exciting industries primarily in real estate and cryptocurreny plus other small businesses (some traditional and some not i.e. Chiropractors and Blockchain)
Type of Employment
- Prepare complex tax returns including 1040, 1120, 1120S and 1065
- Analyze and reconcile cryptocurrency portfolios
- Perform detailed economic and financial analyses, as well as more complex modeling and empirical analyses
- Assist in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, client presentations and other client materials
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners
Tax Planning/Financial Planning
- Research tax and financial planning strategies for clients
- Research and Interpret the U.S. tax code.
- Research, analyze and interpret changing tax legislation and provide written updates on recurring basis
- Draft tax and financial planning deliverables for clients
- Perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum
- Offer suggestions to partners for process improvements
- Tax advisers can work in compliance, ensuring a client meets all tax obligations by preparing and submitting tax returns, tax computations and any other necessary forms
- Alternatively, they may work in consultancy, advising clients on how to minimize their tax liabilities carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimize a client’s liability; producing reports and presentations for clients
- Analyze real estate portfolios and properties for tax and financial perspective for investor clients
- Strong academic track record
- Quantitative or analytical discipline and/or Accounting or Taxation, Information Systems, Technology, Finance or Economics, or JD
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Ability to work remotely efficiently and effectively
- Technology-related coursework highly desirable
- Interest in cryptocurrency and/or real estate
- Superior analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills